call: +86-757-82705605 email:[email protected]
News
Home / News /

What is the market and necessity of street solar lamp?

0

Published by Mars July 06,2020

           More than 70% of China"s energy is dependent on coal. Due to China"s geographical location, China has a very large source of solar energy. China ranks first in the world in the production of solar panels. However, China"s own installed capacity is still very poor. At present, China"s solar power generation is only about 80,000 kilowatts, accounting for only 0.01% of the total power generation. 95% of the solar panels produced in China are exported, leaving only 5% for their own use. Therefore, the penetration rate of solar energy applications in China is very low.

all in one solar street lamp

       Perhaps the most promising and popular in China is the street solar lamp project. Because it does not require a large site first, and it is self-produced, it does not require long-distance transmission and distribution. The question is mainly how big is the size of this market and how effective is it? According to relevant estimates, the total number of existing street lamps in China is about 100 million sets (also estimated to be 200 million sets) and is growing at a rate of 20% per year. If this billion street lamps can be converted into 60 million sets 250 watt street lamps, Assuming that the 60 million street lamps are all converted into street solar lamp, a total of 15 million kilowatts of power can be saved. Assuming that every street lamp works 12 hours a day, it will save 65.7 billion kWh in one year.

 

all in one solar street lamp

         So, what is the market capacity of China"s solar powered street lamps? According to the Taiwan Optical Industry Technology Development Association, the market size of global LED street lamps is expected to reach 1.04 billion US dollars in 2018, and the Chinese market accounts for about 560 million US dollars. The number of LED street lights will reach 500,000. It is estimated that in 2019, global LED street lights will rise sharply from this year"s 900,000 sets to 2.1 million sets and the penetration rate will exceed 1%. In 2020, the global LED street lamp market will grow to 4.4 million sets, and the penetration rate will increase to more than 2%. According to past growth rates, it is assumed that China will still increase by more than 20% in 2019, at least to 600,000. If the original high-pressure sodium lamp consumes 250 watts per watt, then the total power consumption will reach 150,000 kW. After switching to solar powered street lamps, not only will this energy be saved, but also a considerable amount of solar energy can be emitted. Assuming that the LED street light is only 100 watts per set, the required solar panel is about 4 times the power, which is 400 watts. 600,000 kWh requires 240,000 kW of solar panels. It has far exceeded the total amount of solar panels used today.

 

< >
Latest posts